Friday, December 17, 2010

Mark Bradford

"My art practice goes back to my childhood, but it’s not an art background. It’s a making background. I’ve always been a creator. My mother was a creator; my grandmother was a creator. They were seamstresses. There were always scraps of everything around. There were always two or three or four projects going on at the same time. We just never had an art word for it. But I would go to the museum as a child, and I was bored. They would tell me about art, and I would look around and say, ‘This is art.’ Then I’d get on the bus and go home. It never touched me. But the projects at home touched me."
- Mark Bradford
On a clear day I can usually see all the way to Watts, 2001

Merchant Portraits, 2005

Window Shopper, 2005

Analog, 2004

When We Ride, 2006

Backward C, 2005

No comments: